E-commerce Site UX & SEO Optimisation resulted in more than double organic Google traffic to the website, and overall YOY 135% increase in website sessions and 146% increase in the number of website visitors. This led to triple the number of online product enquiries on the website due to increase organic search visibility and easy to find products with product enquiry call to actions
A B2B Life Science Equipment Distributor
Our client is an Australian-owned solutions provider to the life science research community since 1998. Partnering with over 20 world-class suppliers to offer quality products, equipment and support to our customers, they specialise in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, cell biology and stem cell research, general laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation.
The company’s website was outdated, with a complicated user experience journey that made it hard to navigate & locate items quickly through product pages due to their diverse and complicated product tree.
An audit of their website resulted in the following findings:
- 👉 PHP based, custom programming
- 👉 Hasn’t been updated since 2011
- 👉 Not Mobile Responsive
- 👉 Fonts too small on modern high resolution desktop monitors, tablets and mobile
- 👉 Redundant content across two websites (as per client’s notes)
- 👉 Page Titles & Description not optimised for Search Engines
- 👉 Too many navigational layers for users to get to content
- 👉 Introduction content missing
- 👉 Conversion Rate Optimisation best practices not implemented
Where They Wanted To Be
The team came to us looking for a refresh of their website and to make it e-commerce ready. With a large catalogue with deep levels of categorisation, it needed to be easy for the user to navigate and find the right products for their needs. Each product also needed to present highly technical information and specifications for their target audience (scientists & lab managers) with a product enquiry as a desired action.
After rebuilding the site with an improved product management system, overhauling their product organisation and developing a revamped e-Commerce storefront with Magento, we ensured that the website was accessible, Search friendly, and products would appear exactly where they needed to be found. The number of product enquiries on the website increased significantly immediately after launch, as well as the first time the client started receiving direct online orders through the e-commerce system.
- More than double organic Google traffic to website
- Overall YOY 135% increase in website sessions and 146% increase in number of website visitors
- Tripled the number of Product Enquiries on the website due to increase organic search visibility and easy to find products with product enquiry call to actions
Nicholas L. Scientifix